- Have you recently bought a GPS unit, and are unsure what to do with it?
- Would you like to be able to extend your navigation skills by using GPS?
This half-day course based in the Derbyshire Peak District is ideal for those who have just got a GPS and want to use it when out walking. You will learn how your GPS works, how and when to use it when out walking, planning routes and reviewing them when you get back home.
By the end of the session you should understand how to get the best from your GPS to add to your traditional navigation skills. Includes:
• What is GPS and how does it work
• What the buttons do and the menus are for…..
• Finding out where I am and relating it to the map.
• Creating waypoints and making a route.
• Making a track of where I am walking.
• Getting the information about where I have walked.
• What is geocaching and how do I do it?
If you are thinking of buying a GPS, but not sure which one, we have a range of GPS units, which you are welcome to try including some of the Garmin GPS devices and Maping software. You may also be interested in reading our guide to buying a GPS on our news pages
With so many new walking GPS devices on the market, a generic course has proved difficult. We therefore only offer bespoke training sessions. (Please note we are able to offer these sessions using Garmin GPS devices only.)
The cost of a 1-1 session is £75 for a half day, £150 for a full day.
For most people, a half day is enough, but if you would rather book us for a more in-depth full day on a mutually convenient date, do get in touch to arrange this.
If you have 2 or more friends or colleagues who have the same (or similar GPS), or you are thinking about buying a GPS for walking in the moors and mountains, and want to explore the options, do get in touch and we will arrange a date to suite. Contact us by email or phone to discuss your needs.
To book one of these dates, use the pull-down menu below:
This course can also be bought as a gift: