The Mountain Training accredited Hill Skills Award course is aimed at the beginner hill walker and ideal for those interested in developing a practical understanding of:
- how to plan a walk
- become familiar with the use of a map and compass
- learn about the equipment required
- gain an understanding of the effects of weather
- how to deal with emergencies
- gain an understanding of the upland environment.
All participants are required to register with Mountain Training. This is a one-off cost and allows access to both the Hill and Mountain Skills courses as well as the Mountain Training digital log book, discounts and a copy of the BMC Safety in the Mountains book.
You can find out more about registration with Mountain Training on their website.
Cost: £20 per person (£17 for under 18’s) for Registration + £85 for the 2 day course. We need a group of at least 4 people to run this course; do get in touch if you would like to know more.